Local Election Campaign
Get our Local Authority election postcard here:
Join NaCSILS Local Election campaign against extortionate care charges!
Disabled and older residents who bore the brunt of the pandemic face the collapse of already inadequate Social Care support as well as the rising cost of living.
This is not right, not safe, not fair !
Local Authorities can make a difference on May 5th.
- Resist any rise in Council Social Care charges and pursue raising the local minimum income guarantee for service users in the 2023 budget
- End to debt recovery actions against older & disabled people in charging arrears
- Guarantee care and support workers a living wage and support the national call for £15/hr
- Provide better financial and wellbeing support to family carers, including respite services
- Commit to democratically designing and delivering services ‘not for profit’ in equal partnership with disabled people’s organisations
- Take steps to scrap charging entirely – like Hammersmith and Fulham Council have done.
Here are some campaign resources. Please use them freely:
- A briefing paper that gives more details of each of these demands. You can send this to your councillors or use it yourself.
- A postcard that can be used by local campaigns. For postcards to be sent to you, please contact Gilda Peterson firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter that you can send to your local councillors
- A letter to your local press
- You can find your local council candidates here and here
- Please use the following social media handles: #nacsils #makecarefair
- Here are some brief social media texts you can use:
– Councils can make a difference! They can reduce care charges and help disabled people and others manage the cost-of-living crisis. Join our campaign www.nacsils.co.uk
– Councils – take the pressure off disabled people and others by reducing care charges! See how here and join our campaign www.nacsils.co.uk.
– Tens of thousands of sick and disabled people are being driven into debt over charges imposed by Local Authorities for the care and support they need to stay in their homes. Join our campaign supporting councils in reducing care charging www.nacsils.co.uk
– Councils make a difference! At the council elections, candidates must guarantee care and support workers a living wage and support the national call for £15/hr. Local Election Campaign | NaCSILS.
– Councillor candidates at the council elections, commit to providing better financial and wellbeing support to family carers, including respite services Local Election Campaign | NaCSILS.
– Councils make a difference! Commit to democratically designing and delivering services ‘not for profit’ in equal partnership with disabled people’s organisations Local Election Campaign | NaCSILS.
- Here are the websites of other organisations with whom we are working. You will find other useful resources there: